THE PURPOSE OF KARL'S KIDS PROGRAM
1. The organization is organized exclusively for charitable and/or educational purposes under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
2. To promote through education of children a better understanding of basic safety rules and regulations including but not limited to fire, traffic, household hazards and personal safety topics.
3. To promote through educational and entertaining projects for children a love of reading and creative skills.
4. To promote through education of the community by various methods including but not limited to workshops, websites, forums and newsletters, ways in which the community can assist in the care of a child's basic needs.
5. To work in the community through projects and activities to assist in supplying materials to help in the care of a child's basic needs including but not limited to food, clothing, comfort items and educational supplies.
6. To help support and promote with assistance, materials and volunteers as available other organizations to work toward furthering our goals of assisting in the care and rehabilitation of children with a disability or disorder that seriously interferes with what is commonly known as a good quality of life. These include but are not limited to physical, emotional and psychiatric disabilities or disorders.
7. To provide through a scholarship program for the assistance of a post-secondary education for the promoting of our program ideas and goals. The amounts, numbers of scholarships and requirements are to be determined by a Program Scholarship Committee to be appointed by the President of the Karl’s Kids Program.
8. To oversee the formation of different subprograms (which will be known as Projects) and activities under the umbrella of Karl’s Kids Program, Inc. all in keeping with the purpose of the program.
9. To help support and promote with assistance, materials and volunteers as available other 501(c)(3)s that deal with children or companion, sport or working animal issues.
10. To help support and promote with assistance, materials and volunteers as available state registered nonprofits which promote this organization's goals and purposes.
11. To assist in the giving of financial aid and volunteers as available to any state accredited school (daycare, elementary, middle or high school) for their programs, clubs or projects that are in keeping with the purposes of this organization.
12. To promote and provide Humane Education to children, their families and their communities in a better understanding of the care, handling and training of pet, sport and working animals -- primarily canines. This education is to also show how animals enrich the lives of the community and those individuals who use them as Assistance, Emotional Support, Therapy, Trained Companion, Law Enforcement, Military, Search and Rescue, Fire Rescue, Fire Department and other working animals
13. To help sponsor, support, and work with Assistance, Emotional Support, Trained Companion and Therapy Dogs which may include but not limited to the breeding or rescuing, raising, sheltering and training of canines to be used by members of the community.
14. To provide assistance for the care or sheltering of family pets during emergency situations through Program outreach projects or other organization community programs. To provide assistance for the care or sheltering of companion animals that are in need of rescue, shelter, foster, adoption or medical care to then be placed in forever homes.